Monday 8 April 2013

Evaluation of Opening Sequence Research

What have I learnt?

From analysing and watching the opening sequence from 3 different films I have learnt that the order of the credits changed each time. This was because each film had different people who were most important for the making and producing of the films, sometimes actors were credited first and sometimes the conglomerates/producers of the films were credited first. I will take this into consideration when deciding the order of our credits. From looking at several opening sequences of films I decided which ones I liked and which ones I didn't like. I found that I was more intrigued when there was music playing in the background and a narrator telling a story so I may suggest to my group that we have this in our opening sequence. I also learnt how the music used can be a connotation of the genre of the film. For example the slow, romantic instrumental used in 'The Holiday' links the the genre of the film being romantic comedy. I thought this was effective as it created a happy vibe and therefore will try to do this also in our film opening. 

What will I take from this?



No comments:

Post a Comment