Friday 12 April 2013

Evaluation of Target Audience Research


From looking at the representations of already existing films, I have learnt that the 'look' of a film is very important to attract your target audience. The colours, costumes, props, setting and age of the people involved all contribute to creating the right appeal for the target audience. I will us this knowledge when making our opening title sequence to highlight the type of audience we want to attract. 

To find out the type of people who will be interested in my film and estimate the success of the film I made a survey. These are my results:









In response to this research it is clear that the most popular scenario is a hostage falling I'm love with the captor and due to the fact the most people who responded to the survey were aged 15-18 it is likely that they will be the age group we target our film at if we choose this scenario. Additionally, because only 10% more of the responses were by females, we should target our film at both genders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment