Tuesday 9 April 2013

Genre Specific Mood Boards



Above is a mood board I created representing the genre drama. I gathered images from magazines and tore up the specific parts of the image I thought represented or related to a film drama. I used mostly dark images to recreate the dark and serious connotations of a drama, therefore the predominant colour of my mood board is black. However, I also included red lips which create a dramatic contrast.


This is another mood board I created reflecting the romantic genre. I made a collage of words and images which again I thought imitate the romantic genre. I used lighter colours for example pink, red and white as these are seen as fertile colours and people automatically associate them with romance. The people in these images are less stylised than in the dramatic mood board, they look more natural and I chose this because the characters in romantic films are down to earth so that the audience build a connection with them emotionally. I also included words such as 'princess' and 'love' because these are often the main themes of romantic films. 

No comments:

Post a Comment